Our aim at GTT during this difficult time is to help you become more confident with the use of smartphones, tablets, laptops and/or computers and to be able to access the necessary online resources available for you in the comfort and safety of your own home.
It’s FREE and SIMPLE to become a GTT student:
We’ll then be in touch with details of how to join our online sessions. Alternatively call or email us at 07754 391498 / firstname.lastname@example.org
What is on offer?
- A weekly student drop in session on every Wednesday from 10am to 11.30am.
- A tailored learning package to suite your individual needs and learning goals.
- An assigned tutor. who will contact you to discuss your circumstances, goals and aims while you are participating as a student with Get Technology Together.
- Your tutor will have regular tutorials with you to discuss progress, address and any challenges you are facing to ensure you are getting the best possible learning experience.
- You will agree your realistic and achievable targets with your tutor and formulate a plan to achieve your learning goals together.
- You will be invited to groups sessions and events with other students on an ad hoc basis that is appropriate to your needs.
Ideally you will need a device (computer, tablet or smartphone) and some way of connecting to the internet, mobile data can be expensive and video conferencing uses a lot of data. If you have landline broadband, the connection speed needs to be fast enough to cope with video streaming.
To participate full with the online sessions you will need a microphone, web camera, speakers or headphones, and a display screen so you can see and hear the class as well as be seen and heard yourself.
Finally you will need to be in quiet environment, if there is a lot of background noise it will affect everyone’s ability to hear people speaking, If this is not possible you will be able to mute your device so you can just listen.
If you’re unsure please give us a call and we’ll be happy to advise.
Participate Online – just drop-in
Each session is facilitated by a tutor and a volunteer assistant, and will last 60 to 90 minutes. You will be able to ask and discuss any technology related questions that you may have. GTT aims to help you become more confident and productive with the use of technology in your everyday life.
GTT can provide help and support with Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and/or Computers and will discuss a variety of subjects such as online safety.
Each session is a drop in session, that you can join and leave at any point.
Weekly GTT Academy Online – a complete course lots of topics
GTT will run sessions on specific topics such as Password Management, File Management, Browsers and Downloading, Shopping on line, Android Tablets, iPhones and iPads etc.
The timetable will be sent out once you have registered as a GTT student, you will be assigned a tutor. The courses are free, you do not have to attend each week, and the sessions are repeated, but you must tell your tutor when you can attend and when you expect to be absent.